It wasn't easy getting up this morning at 0430 AM to go watch the sunrise and the last 80 minutes of
the transit of Venus over the Sun, I swear. But it was worth it. I arrived at the
Zagreb Astronomical Observatory at about 0520, and was pleasantly surprised to see almost 20 people already watching, amongst whom a nice number of my former astronomy professors. The first photo was thus taken at 0521, about 80 minutes before Venus completely crossed the solar disk.
 |
| Though pretty, sunrise is NOT a great time to observe the Sun. |
 |
| The wavy border is caused by the atmosphere, kids. |
Then we did a little talking and walking to-and-fro - from one side of the roof to the other, and then I took some more photos.
 |
| High-tech equipment and low-tech methods = awesome. |
 |
| A lot of sunspots, too. |
And, though I honestly completely forgot to take the photos of that, there actually were other things beside the projection from that big bad-ass telescope. There was a smaller telescope with a filter on, to watch directly through the eyepiece, two cool camera obscura thingies which were very interesting, a live stream from some other observatory, albeit which one is another thing I forgot to take notice of (cut me some slack, it was terribly early)... All in all, a very pleasant morning, both from the scientific and the social point of view.
Now I just have to wait some 105 years for the next transit...
 |
| This is where the fun was. |
Super blog, sadrzaj za 10*tku,svidjami se i V.POZZ
OdgovoriIzbriši